Saturday, September 6, 2008

Evidence Removed From George Anthony's Car!

UPDATE 2! Confiscated evidence identified!

It seems like eons ago that George Anthony told police that on June 24th, when he went to change the tires on Casey Anthony's car he found the gas cans he reported missing in Casey's trunk.

Less than an hour ago, in the dark hours this Saturday morning, Orange County Sheriff's Office investigators removed evidence from George Anthony's car.

Internet crime forums are speculating that they were looking for a wheel wedge. My close friend Jelly (she is SO funny) wondered, "Were they just sitting around eating donuts and someone said HOLY CARP! The wedge!"



Example of a car wedge.





IMO, I think it's possible LE received a tip or, there could be phone taps in place. Looking at the photo at the Orlando Sentinel link, it's not clear if a wedge could fit in the evidence bag the investigator is holding.

UPDATE!
WFTF is reporting:
Also, early Saturday morning, a source close to the investigation said deputies removed a weapon from the trunk of a car belonging to Casey' father, George Anthony. Such a discovery on the Anthony property could have imperiled Casey Anthony's release from jail, but a spokesman for Orange County Corrections said that a judge ruled that Casey presumably had nothing to do with the weapon.

Maybe LE thought it was prudent to remove a weapon from the home where a defendant is under house arrest with an ankle bracelet. I'm also guessing they probably didn't want anyone in the Anthony family threatening any of the protesters.

UPDATE 2!
MyFoxOrlando is reporting that authorities were alerted to the firearm on the property by a tip. The weapon on the premises could have sent Casey back to jail, since it was a violation of her bond agreement. That's too bad because that's exactly where she belongs.

Orlando Sentinel

13 comments:

katfish said...

If it turns out this family is more involved in Caylee's death or the cover up I will be physically ill. It's one thing to be protective of your child, who is obviously a troubled soul, but any further involvement is just sickening.
This case seems to get stranger and stranger. As a former cop is it likely that GA would leave something incriminating in his trunk?

Nick said...

I dont think it's one thing to be too protective. If my child killed someone or accidentally killed someone, I would probably not hesitate a moment to help him cover it up, whether it be legal or not. If I knew and didn't participate in it, whether it be my grandson who was killed or not, I would shut my mouth. If you can't count on family, whom can you count on?

Nick said...

Who is a former cop?

Anonymous said...

the wheel wedge.........dirt; ??? to see if it matches the dirt in the trunk of Casey's car and the dirt in the woods/field area near the airport where the pings from the cell phone came from.....................possibly?

Sprocket said...

Nick, George Anthony was a sheriff in Ohio, before he relocated his family to FL.

In many European countries, aiding and abetting a blood relative is often not pursued criminally.

I don't think I could help a family member cover up the death of another human being, even an accidental one. Would not matter if they were my child or not.

Sprocket said...

Anon @11:20 am:

There's an update. LE removed a weapon from George Anthony's car. Apparently, it was stored in his vehicle.

katfish said...

Thankfully, I haven't ever had to make a decision whether or not to cover-up a murder or an accident.
I imagine Casey's release forbids access to a firearm? It doesn't seem safe for her to be at her parents home....either from protesters or herself!

Nick said...

It's very simple. If she were my daughter and she had killed my granddaughter, whether accident or not, I would help her out, cover it up, whatever. I would have just lost a granddaughter. I would not want to lose a daughter now. That would be a double whammy.

Maybe I shouldn't say that. Is it illegal to say one would do that if he were in that situation? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Casey could have easily fed Kaylee to the gaters, There's gater ponds all around the Airport.
What happened to the cysics?
If it wasn't Kaylee's body in her car whose was it.
Did they search around the area where her car was found. and what was her car doing there?

Nick said...

I am tired of this Casey Anthony crap. I say we move on. Everyone wants to judge the woman on her behavior when it is obvious she suffers from some mental disorders. Who knows what happened? I don't believe she intentionally killed her daughter---and that is only if her daughter should actually be dead.

shari said...

Unfortunately DNA says Caylee is the dead body in the trunk and no matter whether a family member or not...one must take responsibility for ones actions. I always told my kids to tell the truth, you may still get in trouble, but you will at least know that you did the right thing by telling the truth. No wrongs piled on top of each other EVER make a right. Responsibility for ones self is key in a civilized society. I do agre Casey MUST get a fair trial and she is in danger at her own home right now with th protesters. The whole thing has become circus. Evidence ill eventually com out one way or the other. Apparently around here (Orlando) young moms have discovered a way to make their kids sleep while they party. I guess it is one of those "passed around" secrets (chloroform)according to some young women around here.

Nick said...

No one tells the truth when murder is the charge. If my life were in jeopary, or my kid's life were in jeopardy, I would throw out the "always tell the truth" philosophy. It's time to save your skin.

shari said...

Nick, I find your comments very sad. I hope one day no one you love is hurt and the family of the person responsible feels like you do. If you are ever a victim of someone elses crime, you may not feel the same way. The truth usually catches up with those that lie and a persons word is only as good as their last statement. Saving your skin at the grief of others may come back to haunt!!